Monday, June 26, 2006

Seen and Heard Around Town

Why is it cars with Safe Auto stickers on them typically aren't?

After a trip to a Wendy's where the girl behind the counter looked like she'd been stunned with a cattle prod and couldn't hear anything I was saying, I saw the sign on their roof: "Now Hiring Friendly Faces." Here's an idea: "Now Hiring: People with IQs approaching triple digits".

Speaking of that, in my latest trip to McDonald's in Fern Creek(yes, I'm eatin' good in the neighborhood), I had the following experience.

The girl in the drive through was yelling at the customer that she couldn't understand what she was saying. The ironic thing was that it came out of her mouth as "I ca unerthan wha ya sayih." My guess is that she had a decent size tongue piercing impeding her speech. I can only imagine what it sounded like on the other side.

While I was waiting for the food, a woman came up and asked for a manager. It seems her granddaughter was followed into the restroom by their cleaning guy. I'm sure it was an honest mistake. Just like I'm sure he had legitimate immigration status.

Later that day, I went to get glasses at Dr. Bizers. They were quite nice, but while I was looking for frames, there was an obnoxious guy with his wife who kept saying, "Damn I hate looking for these things." He bitched about every frame he put on and to her credit, the woman waiting on him was more patient than I would have been. He put on several pairs and said, "I look like a retard in these!" each time. Others were met with incredibly dumb attempts at humor. He was there for a good 45 minutes trying to find something to his liking, grumbling all the way. He even mentioned, "I almost went to my ex-wife. She works for Bizers on Preston." If I were the woman waiting on him, I'd have said, "you had a failed marriage? Who would have guessed." His current wife must have been an angel, because if I acted like him, my wife would have left me there and never come back.

No comments: