Saturday, August 19, 2006

Wanted -- Old Pictures


My wife and I grew up here and we often talk about how things used to be in the 70s and 80s when we were young. The old layout of Mall St. Matthews. The undeveloped stretches of Hurstbourne and Westport Road. Old stores, old landmarks, old newscasters, etc.

So help me and everyone else with those memories. I am looking for old pictures and video (pre 1990) of Louisville, it's celebrities, its landmarks, its events, and anything else you can provide. I'll post as many as I can on this blog for everyone to see.

Of particular interest to me:

Shots from the 70s and 80s of what malls, stores, the skyline and events were like.

Footage or pictures of anchors, weather people, and other local celebrities.

Scans of old newspaper clippings of interest.

E-mail these items to crutnacker@gmail.com.

No comments: